name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Carlos Alcaraz: 'I prefer to keep my head and feet...'

Carlos Alcaraz: 'I prefer to keep my head and feet...'

Advertisemen

World number 4 Carlos Alcaraz says he is not obsessed with his ranking, but reveals that he would love to make his debut at the ATP Finals this year. Alcaraz, 19, is having an exceptional season and is third on the Race to Turin list. Alcaraz has a real chance of finishing in the top five this season, but insists his goal is the prestigious end-of-season tournament. "It would be a good goal, but at the moment I am not thinking about the ranking, but about reaching the ATP Finals in Turin at the end of the season. For me the ranking, at the moment, is not the most important thing, even if I fight. Keeping winning matches and tournaments is what will lead me to keep going up," Alcaraz said, according to Tennishead. "The truth is that a little yes [it has been a surprise]. I have had incredible results this year, I did not expect to evolve so quickly, but I work for it. As I always say, hard work pays off, although in my case it was all a bit quick and surprising," added Alcaraz. It has been a great year for Alcaraz, who has won four titles so far in 2022. In Miami, when Alcaraz was still 18 years old, he defeated Casper Ruud in the final to lift his first Masters title. In May, Alcaraz hit the clay courts of Madrid to win his second Masters title. In addition, Alcaraz claimed victories at the ATP 500 events in Rio de Janeiro and Barcelona. However, there was one thing that Alcaraz failed to do: win the French Open. Alcaraz made it clear that his goal was to win his first Grand Slam title at the French Open, but then suffered a quarter-final loss to Alexander Zverev. Alcaraz was also beaten in the round of 16 at Wimbledon and it remains to be seen if he can win his first Grand Slam at the US Open.

Alcaraz has won two Masters 1000 this year

Asked on the sidelines of the Montreal tournament where he is one of the favorites, Carlos Alcaraz confirmed that he did not think that he and his young colleagues were going to be able to write the history of this sport as the Big 3 did previously. “I don't think we'll be able to imitate them. It's not a lack of confidence in my abilities or those of my colleagues, but I don't think that me and the other young people can repeat what has been done by Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. We're talking about an impossible feat and that's not on my mind right now. I prefer to keep my head and feet firmly anchored in the present."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/FBkVJvo
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments