name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Sergio Garcia doesn't give up the Ryder Cup

Sergio Garcia doesn't give up the Ryder Cup

Advertisemen

The best European player in the history of the Ryder Cup has changed his decision. Sergio García seemed to have announced that he was resigning from the European Tour and, therefore, from the Ryder Cup after the British Open in St. Andrews. He was upset and would not return. A short time later, the 'Child' has another idea and will not give up playing in those tournaments despite his status as a player in the Saudi LIV Golf series.

Sergio Garcia, statements

García, one of the most recognizable and important faces of LIV Golf, received criticism and disqualification after the BMW Championship of the DP World Tour by colleagues. That and the lack of dialogue with the European Tour itself seemed to lead to the end of the Spaniard's history with a place that has given him many successes. But that story can continue.

"At the end of The Open, the most likely thing was my resignation. And obviously to the Ryder Cup, since you have to be a member. But thanks to what Jon Rahm said and several conversations with players on the European Tour, I have decided not to resign," he explained to 'ESPN'. The Basque defended his compatriot after The Open. "It's sad that they turn their backs on him," he commented.

Thus, García will return to the circuit and will be in the fight to add the points and be chosen. "I'll see what kind of rules for eligibility exist and if I agree I'll continue to play wherever I can on tour. And I'll try to make the Ryder Cup team. If I can't, then we'll move on. But it's something what's on my mind," he said. Something different from what happens with the European captain, Henrik Stenson. "It's very sad," Garcia explained about what happened with the Swede.

Even so, they are not all with the Spaniard to know if he will be able to play in the DP World Tour. "I told Keith Pelley (CEO of the DP World Tour) that I was not going to quit, and that I was going to continue playing on tour with the minimum tournaments to be eligible for the Ryder. He told me that it was fantastic, but what he has to do what is the best for them. We will see what is", confessed.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/YcUDB5L
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments