name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios: I feel I would have won if Novak Djokovic wasn't my opponent

Nick Kyrgios: I feel I would have won if Novak Djokovic wasn't my opponent

Advertisemen

Nick Kyrgios felt he definitely played extremely well in the Wimbledon final and that he would have won if he was playing against anyone other than Novak Djokovic.

Kyrgios, 27, clashed Djokovic in his first Grand Slam final at Wimbledon. 

Kyrgios' serve was excellent throughout the entire final, but Djokovic - who is considered as the best returner in the world - still managed to win 4-6 6-3 6-4 7-6 (3). 

This week on Instagram, Kyrgios held a Q&A with fans.

One fan wanted to know what Kyrgios has learned from playing his first Grand Slam final. 

"Honestly, I feel as if my first Slam final was impressive, next time I would try to ride the emotional wave a little smoother but I realise how much was on the line. I feel if I was up against anyone else but Djokovic in the final with the way I served that day, I would [have] won," Kyrgios said, per Sportskeeda.

Kyrgios pulled out of the Atlanta Open

Kyrgios was scheduled to kick off his summer on hard courts this week in Atlanta. 

On Tuesday, Kyrgios took out on the Centre Court in Atlanta - but just to announce his withdrawal and to say sorry to fans who bought tickets to watch him. 

Kyrgios listed a knee injury as the reason for his withdrawal. 

“I just want to say that I’m extremely shattered that I’m not able to compete tonight,” Kyrgios said. “I’ve won this tournament once and, you know, I’m playing some of the best tennis of my career. All I wanted to do was come out there and give you guys a show and obviously see what I’m capable of, but I’m unable to give out my best performance today. I’m extremely sorry but I’m going to keep my hopes up and maybe be able to continue doubles with Thanasi this week.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/7XQ8mZx
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments