name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Tiger Woods, rumors of a one billion dollars

Tiger Woods, rumors of a one billion dollars

Advertisemen

This week the first event of the new golf league parallel to the PGA Tour is scheduled in London. It is called Liv Golf and is financed by the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. After Dustin Johnson, another illustrious veteran of American golf joins the series: Phil Mickelson. With a communiqué on his Twitter profile he announced his decision: "First of all, I would like to apologize again to the many people I offended and hurt with my comments a few months ago. I know I have made mistakes in my career both with words that with behaviors. (...) I'm ready to go back to playing what I love, but after 32 years this is a new restart. I'm incredibly grateful for what this game and the Pga Tour have given me. I want to think I have returned the same way, but now I am ready for this new opportunity. I am looking forward to getting started with LIV Golf and I appreciate everyone involved. I also want to play the Majors. I know that some may disagree with this decision and have different opinions and I understand that".

Tiger Woods, 1 billion

For Mickelson there is talk of a $ 250 million deal. He did not take the same path as Tiger Woods who will continue to play on the PGA Tour, despite rumors of a 1 billion offer put on the plate by the Arabs.

Norman turned 50 in February 2005, but kept his distance from the senjor golf circuits. Part of this is due to his other interests, but also due to his back and knee injuries. He underwent knee surgery in October 2005 and February 2006. Norman believes his back injuries could have been avoided had the concept of golf fitness been introduced early in his career. In May 2008, Norman has only played in the third Tour Champion in his 50s, the 69th Senior PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club. Having not played competitive golf regularly in recent years, he has been in contention all week and has entered three shots behind the final winner Jay Haas (+7), thus positioning himself on the sixth place.

Chris Evert, was the most important reason Norman decided to enter the PGA and Champions Tours events. "I doubt he'll be back full time," Evert said. "But for him to keep playing it, one or two tournaments a month or something, that would be great. I'd cheer him 100 percent if that's what he wanted to do." After Norman's resounding success at the Open Championship, he continued with his strong playing style, finishing tied as fifth in the Senior British Open Championship and fourth in the U.S. Senior Open after being the only player to have obtained a score equal to or less than 72 in all four days. In 2008 he played in all four majors and finished in the top ten in each of them.

In the 2009 Senior British Open Championship, he held the 54-hole lead after dominating three rounds in a row, hesitating on Sunday to finish in sixth place, 3 shots behind final winner Loren Roberts.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/HmVujv6
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments