name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Emma Raducanu: I don't think anyone would say 'I wish I did not win Grand Slam at 18'

Emma Raducanu: I don't think anyone would say 'I wish I did not win Grand Slam at 18'

Advertisemen

World No. 11 Emma Raducanu admitted that winning a Grand Slam at 18 brought a lot of challenges but adds she has no regrets and is happy that she was able to become a Grand Slam champion at such a young age. 

Raducanu made history at the US Open last year, becoming the first qualifier in tennis history to win a Grand Slam. 

Raducanu hasn't won any titles since and she has struggled with her game and results. 

“I don’t think anyone would say, ‘I wish I didn’t win a grand slam at 18.' That’s what I set out to do, I wanted to win a grand slam, and I did that," Raducanu said, per The Guardian. “For it to happen very soon definitely comes with a lot of challenges. But I think managing, learning and growing through those adversities that I’ve faced – I’d much rather have that and learn from all those experiences, keep building and keep progressing. I’m sort of doing the work from that, because I did it a bit backwards.”

Raducanu on returning to Wimbledon

Last year, Raducanu made the Wimbledon round-of-16 as a wildcard. 

12 months ago at Wimbledon, Raducanu was just a promising teenager and there was no pressure or expectation on her. 

Now that she is a Grand Slam champion, she will receive lots of attention and it is not a secret that the locals expect her to win a Wimbledon title. 

Raducanu will be looking to become the first British woman since Virginia Wade (won the title in 1977) to win a Wimbledon title. 

“It hasn’t started yet, I don’t really know how it is going to be and it’s obviously going to be a new experience and feeling for me,” Raducanu said. “But I just think it’s going to be really important to maintain a good circle around me, be chipping away at what I’m doing and not get sidetracked or distracted. I think that’s something that I’m quite good at.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/GLldYiZ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments