name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Cori Gauff names her role models: Serena Williams, LeBron James e Colin Kaepernick

Cori Gauff names her role models: Serena Williams, LeBron James e Colin Kaepernick

Advertisemen

American tennis star Cori Gauff, 18, named Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka as one of the players she considers as role models. 

Besides Williams and Osaka, Gauff also mentioned NBA star LeBron James and NFL's Colin Kaepernick. 

Both James and Kaepernick are well-known for their activism and Gauff thinks it's inspiring how they are trying to change the society for the better. 

"Yeah, definitely I would say LeBron James, Serena, Billie Jean, Colin, the list goes on, Naomi, it goes on really about these issues," Gauff said, per Sportskeeda. "I think now atheletes and more, I feel more fine with speaking out about stuff like this, I feel like a lot of times we're put in a box that people always say, oh sports and politics should stay seperate and all this."

Gauff calls for the end of gun violence

In Texas, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos opened fire and killed 21 innocent - 19 kids and two teachers. 

"And I say yes, but also at the same time I'm a human first before I'm a tennis player. If I'm interested in this, I wouldn't even consider gun violence politics, I think thats's just life in general. I dont think thats political at all," Gauff said. 

If Gauff feels she needs to address something or voice her opinion, she will certainly do it. 

"No. I mean, my team around me knows that if I want to say something, Im going to say it. But particularly if I do say something, the most of the time I put a lot of thought into what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it," Gauff said.

Gauff is one of the most promising and talented players on the WTA Tour and she wants to use her platform to ignite positive changes. 

"Since I was younger, my dad told me I could change the world with my racket," Gauff added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/9EJo5DW
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments