name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Tiger Woods comments on Phil Mickelson's absence: "He has said some things that.."

Tiger Woods comments on Phil Mickelson's absence: "He has said some things that.."

Advertisemen

Phil Mickelson will not be on the PGA Tour this year, as he decided to withdraw given the criticism he received when he criticized the LIV Golf International series. Tiger Woods commented on his move:

"It's always disappointing when the defending champion is not here," Woods said for skysports. 

"Phil [Mickelson] has said some things that I think a lot of us who are committed to the [PGA] Tour and committed to the legacy of the Tour have pushed back against.

"He's taken some personal time, and we all understand that. I think that some of his views on how the Tour could be run, should be run…been a lot of disagreement there. As we all know, as a professional, we miss him being out here. I mean, he's a big draw for the game of golf. He's just taking his time and we all wish him the best when he comes back.

"I have not reached out to him. I have not spoken to him. A lot of it has not to do with I think personal issues. It was our viewpoints of how the Tour should be run and could be run, and what players are playing for and how we are playing for it. I have a completely different stance on it."

Other comments

McIlroy believes Mickelson can be happy given the success he has previously achieved in this tournament.

"This should be a celebration, right?" McIlroy said. "He won a major championship at 50 years old. It was possibly his last big, big moment in the game of golf. I think he should be here this week and celebrating what a monumental achievement he made last year. It's unfortunate. It's sad."

Jon Rahm also commented on Mickelson's move.

"As long as he's doing what is best for him, I can't truly say I'm unhappy. I would have liked to see him defend," Rahm said. "I know he's played good here in the past. But again, he's got to do what he's got to do."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/O5wI8CP
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments