name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner admits: "I have to put on some muscle"

Jannik Sinner admits: "I have to put on some muscle"

Advertisemen

Jannik Sinner's path to maturity continues and he recently passed through the Principality of Monaco, where the blue finished his run to the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters by being defeated against Alexander Zverev at the end of a very hard match, made up of many reversals in front.

A match that Jannik has lost and found several times and that he managed to bring up to the tiebreak of the third set. In the previous round, however, the convincing comeback victory against world number 8 Andrey Rublev, last edition finalist in Monte Carlo.

Sinner who, having closed the parenthesis in the Principality, chose not to leave for Barcelona with the aim of recovering precious energies in view of the Madrid-Rome-Paris triptych.

Interviewed by La Stampa, Jannik Sinner therefore retraced the progress made in the recent past, then projecting himself into the immediate future, starting with his game and approach to matches.

He said: "I feel the tension, like everyone. Fear no. That I happen to try, a little bit, when I threw myself off the mountain on skis, downhill. In tennis, no. In the decisive points the true character of a player emerges. It comes naturally to me to pull hard when there is the point that counts. Even if sometimes I should learn to put more rotation in it."

Jannik Sinner admits: "I have to put on some muscle"

May 2nd is one of the dates to be marked with a red circle on the calendar for Jannik Sinner: it is the date, that is, of the start of the Masters 1000 in Rome. A tournament that, as the 20-year-old from Sesto Pusteria declared, is impatient to play:

"It's the thing I like best of all. Playing at home puts a little more pressure on you, it's true. On the other hand, however, when they scream your name it is a fantastic feeling. And the public can really cheer you up and make you win a game when you are in crisis."

From a technical point of view, Sinner explained what he is mainly working on: "The serve is the shot I have to work on, I know. Now I already serve a little stronger, it was enough to intervene on a few small details, against Carreno Busta in Miami, for example, I hit 15 aces, and that had never happened to me. But there are other things: the touch of the ball, the backhand slice and the bumps. You have to train them, you can't play them only in matches, even if they will never be my strong point. I also know I need to put on some muscle."

Finally, with regard to the approach to matches, the blue illustrated the key: "Play 100% with what you have. I'm trying to do it every game, to get by even if I'm not physically at my best or it's not the day. If your serve doesn't work, you can always try the forehand, the backhand, the volley."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/4VJNbI2
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments