name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Emma Raducanu reveals key to her stunning US Open victory

Emma Raducanu reveals key to her stunning US Open victory

Advertisemen

World No. 12 Emma Raducanu said having fun and zero expectations was the key to her stunning US Open victory. 

Raducanu, 19, was 18 when she became a Grand Slam champion at the US Open. 

Raducanu won the US Open in the most impressive way possible as she became the first qualifier in tennis history to win a Grand Slam. 

At Flushing Meadows, Raducanu won a total of 10 matches to lift the US Open title. 

To make it all even more impressive, Raducanu didn't drop a single set in those 10 matches played. 

Raducanu has been struggling with her game since her stunning US Open victory but many believe she just needs time to figure it all out and more strong results will come. 

"At the US Open I think the biggest thing was just having zero expectations and haivng fun. That's something that overtime I've definitely developed and starting to do more," Raducanu said. 

Raducanu made her clay debut this week 

On Wednesday, Raducanu played her first-ever clay match on the WTA Tour.

Raducanu wasted no time on the court on Wednesday as she saw off Storm Sanders 6-1 6-2 in the Stuttgart first round.

“It’s been a good start for me to the clay season, today being my first WTA match on clay. I’m really excited to spend more time on this surface and really happy with my performance today," Raducanu said after the match.

“I think my serve (pleased me most). I was getting a lot of good points from my serve, setting up well and it lasted throughout the entire match. That is an improvement from me.

“It has been difficult to transition to clay. Last week I was being taught how to slide on the clay using a medicine ball. To have come this far in the space of a week I am very happy. It is just about being comfortable with the unstable surface underneath.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/8sSIdMr
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments