name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> James Blake shows love and respect to Roger Federer, recalls lone win over Swiss

James Blake shows love and respect to Roger Federer, recalls lone win over Swiss

Advertisemen

Former world No. 4 James Blake didn't enjoy much success against Roger Federer but the one win he collected agains the Swiss was a memorable one. 

Blake, who retired from professional tennis after the 2013 US Open, lost the first eight meetings versus Federer. 

At the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Blake finally found a winning formula against Federer as he defeated the Swiss in the quarterfinal 6-4 7-6 (2). 

"So much respect for Roger. One of the best days of my career to get one win (out of 10 tries) against him.  And to do it with USA on my chest was even more special," Blake tweeted. 

Blake tips Federer to return 

Federer, a 20-time Grand Slam champion, underwent two knee surgeries in 2020 but returned last year. 

After playing just five tournaments, Federer underwent a third knee surgery. 

Federer hasn't played since Wimbledon but he is hoping to return at some point in 2022. 

"I think one of us will be back.  The other one is old, bald and has no backhand or serve anymore," Blake said in another tweet.

Last week, Federer posted an encouraging update in his recovery as he posted a gym workout picture and captioned it: "Rehab is rocking."

In his annual report for 2021, Federer indicated he'll return this year. 

"After many month of battling injury, my return to the tour in March, after my first operation, highlighted and energized me to continue my tennis career. I'm grateful for every minute I was able to spend with my fans and tennis family on court. My experience in Doha illustrated to me that my journey as an elite athlete isn't over yet. The progress I make every day strengthens my belief that I will be healthy and strong enough to return to the tennis court at the highest level," Federer wrote in his annual report.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/K5slJMN
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments