name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal: 'I don't hate losing but...'

Rafael Nadal: 'I don't hate losing but...'

Advertisemen

After the final of the Barcelona Open, Stefanos Tsitsipas was surprised by the way Rafael Nadal competed, ensuring that he was the tennis player on the circuit who "hates losing the most." The Spaniard referred to that statement minutes after his victory at the champion's press conference: “The truth is that I don't hate losing, what happens is that I like to win. And above anything else, what I like is to compete, I like to make an effort to try to achieve the objectives. If they are not achieved later, I will be able to go home in peace after having fought to the end. Today was a final, if we don't fight on days like today I don't know when we're going to do it”. “In the end it is a daily attitude in life that I have also brought to sport, where I have always respected each rival and I have respected the essence of sport, which is to do your best every day to arrive as well prepared as possible. If you think you can reach a level of 60, you have to try to reach a level of 60, not stay at 40. And when you can reach 100, try to reach 100, although it is not always possible," said the 12-time champion. of the Count of Godó. In turn, Nadal reiterated his conviction of working daily to remain competitive, forgetting about the achievements he has achieved in the past: “I try not to look back too much, we are in a sport where one cannot be misled by the titles achieved. When one's career is over is when you can start to live from what has been achieved and be satisfied. Of course I am satisfied with the career I have had and for having given me the opportunity to live all these experiences that I am living."

Victories against quality players helped Rafael Nadal 

Twenty-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal claimed his 12th Barcelona Open crown after defeating Stefanos Tsitsipas in an epic three-set thriller 6-4,6-7(6),7-5, in the longest match of this year so far on the ATP tour. After an unexpected loss to Andrey Rublev at the Monte-Carlo Masters earlier this month, Nadal was looking for his maiden clay-court title this year at the Barcelona Open. Speaking after that excruciating victory, Nadal reflected on the positives that he took from his disappointing run at the Monte-Carlo Masters. “I have made progress all week. It’s an important victory for the future. It’s a daily job. You have to accept the challenge, be humble to accept not always to play well, fight to find solutions. Nothing can be accomplished otherwise,” Nadal commented.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3aLXGI9
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments