name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Maximilian Kieffer: "I tried to go shot for shot"

Maximilian Kieffer: "I tried to go shot for shot"

Advertisemen

Maximilian Kieffer revealed he applied the lessons learned from last week's play-off defeat as he finished runner up for the second event in a row on the European Tour.

Maximilian Kieffer, statements

"I was just trying to go shot for shot. Even though it is windy you have to have the mindset. I learned that last week. You have to have the mindset to make as many birdies as possible, so I was just trying to do that and I did a decent job of that on the back nine today. I felt great yesterday so I was looking forward to getting out today. I hit great shots the front nine, wouldn’t say I struggled but the putting wasn’t as great as it has been the first two days, maybe. I three putted nine which was a bit disappointing at that moment, but then the back nine I started to just go for it. A nice eagle on ten and from then on, I just played phenomenal golf on the back nine. I think I birdied the short par four over the cliff which is the toughest drive and I think I was 21 under then and I thought 'maybe I am close now' but then I saw that Garrick was 23 so my mindset didn’t change at all. I was just trying to make as many birdies as possible. The 17th is difficult to birdie because the pin was so short and 18 was a little bit disappointing not to birdie it. I needed a big drive to get over that bunker and when you try to hit a big drive you can’t miss it, so didn’t make up-and-down but overall, I am happy with the day."

The Gran Canaria Lopesan Open golf course goes to Garrick Higgo who in Las Palmas (Spain) celebrates his second career title on the European Tour. The 21-year-old South African - for him also two titles on the Sunshine Tour - with a partial bogey free final (with five birdies and an eagle) closed in 63 (-7) out of a total of 255 (65 64 63 63, -25) shots, he repelled the assaults of Maximilian Kieffer, once again runner up with 258 (-22). Already last week the German, protagonist today of the best score of the day (62, -8), had closed the Austrian Open in second place.

Touch the Top 10 Guido Migliozzi. The Italian best player from Vicenza settled in 15th place with 265 (70 64 62 69, -15), without being able to repeat the performance offered in the "moving day" and paying dearly for an undertone first round. Nino Bertasio from Brescia did not go beyond 38 / a square (268, -12), with Francesco Laporta from Puglia only 62 / o (272, -8). Nice finish for the Dane Jeff Winther, 3 / o with 259 (-21), and for the English Sam Horsfield, 4 / o with 261 (-19). Fifth place for the Danish Thorbjorn Olesen (262, -18), in the lead halfway through the race, and the Scotsman Connor Syme. In the first of three consecutive events in the Canary Islands, the 21-year-old Higgo from Johannesburg is one of the best talents of the European Tour. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3dVTzeo
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments