name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Aslan Karatsev after stunning Novak Djokovic: Most important win of my career

Aslan Karatsev after stunning Novak Djokovic: Most important win of my career

Advertisemen

Russian tennis star Aslan Karatsev couldn't hide his happiness and excitement after stunning Novak Djokovic in Belgrade as he admitted that the win over the Serb has been the most important win of his career. 

Karatsev, ranked at No. 28 in the world, overcame No. 1 seed Djokovic in three sets 7-5 4-6 6-4 to reach his second ATP final as he will be aiming to lift his second ATP title on Sunday. 

Earlier this season, Karatsev drew attention to his name when he made the Australian Open semifinal as a qualifier, before losing to eventual champion Djokovic. 

Two months later, Karatsev again clashed against 18-time Grand Slam champion Djokovic but this time the outcome was different. 

"This is definitely the most important victory of my career. At the Australian Open in Melbourne I felt like I was playing against a wall but this is a different surface and I was focused," Karatsev said in his post-match press conference, per Eurosport. 

Karatsev showed his respect for Djokovic

“It was a long, tough match [against a] tough opponent,” Karatsev said in his post-match press conference. “You have to put [in] like 200 per cent to beat this guy, it’s like playing against a wall. And he also made some good shots. He doesn’t give you any free points. He always makes you play and you have to be always there because once you miss a couple of shots, he just takes it very quickly. That’s how I lost the second set.

“I stepped on the court to win. I was believing [in myself], and I said to myself that I would play every ball no matter what,” Karatsev said. “I tried to keep this strategy that we spoke about with the coach. You have to fight for every ball, that was the key to success.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3gDm3vj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments