name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer reveals why he doesn’t wear Capri pants

Roger Federer reveals why he doesn’t wear Capri pants

Advertisemen

It was the summer of 2018 when Roger Federer, after a partnership lasting 24 years, decided not to renew the sponsorship contract with Nike, the company with which he had associated his name since the age of 13.

Since then, the Swiss has become the symbolic face of the Japanese company Uniqlo (abbreviation of Unique Clothing), founded in Ube in 1949 and which in recent years has become one of the most popular brands in the world, with its almost 2 thousand stores, one of the which opened last year in Milan.

Well, in the passage Federer lost the rights on the RF brand, the line dedicated to him that we learned about t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and rackets. The line was manufactured by Nike and had legally remained in the hands of the Oregon company. After a year and a half of legal battle, Roger is back in possession of his logo, of which he is now the only holder and which we will soon be able to review associated this time with Uniqlo products.

In a recent interview, the former World number 1 revealed an interesting bit from the past when Nike had a notion to sponsor him those capri pants. “I remember Nike gave me those Capri pants to try before he actually wore them. And I remember I put them on at my home tournament in Basel. I came out and all the players were like “what are these things.” And I was just like, ‘I’m just testing them, I’m never playing in them,’” Federer revealed.

“That was when I was like, “I can’t make this work for me”, and then I think [Carlos] Moya rocked them and then Rafa after, it was a great look for him with the long hair. I would also love him to rock the Capri pants again. But he says not any more so unfortunately not,” he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3c18Dnn
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments