name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Undertaker retiring is as much of a joke in his household as it is yours

Undertaker retiring is as much of a joke in his household as it is yours

Advertisemen
WWE Network

Undertaker’s sit down interview with Steve Austin for the debut episode of Broken Skull Sessions is worth your time if only because you get to spend just over an hour-and-a-half listening to two of the greatest of all time telling stories about their time in pro wrestling, one of which hardly ever gives these kind of out-of-character interviews.

I went in wondering what he would say about his future, considering his age and the various retirement teases we’ve seen both on-screen and off. To that end, I was pleasantly surprised at how open he was about his thought process.

In short, it’s extremely important that he, as he puts it, tells his own story. He also admits that he’s been talked into coming back multiple times. In fact, his retiring is actually a joke at his own house.

When discussing the Goldberg match in Saudi Arabia being “so bad I almost didn’t make it back” he revealed this little tidbit:

”It’s a joke around my house. Cause, you know, I’ve retired 15 times. I tell my wife, I tell Michelle, ‘I think that’s it, babe.’ She rolls her eyes at me and goes ‘yeah, until November when you start training again.’ So, I don’t know. Like I said, I’m very cognizant of where I’m at physically and I just have to let that side kind of have its say and then I gotta let my ego have its say.”

He goes on to say he doesn’t want anyone who hasn’t done what he’s done to tell him when to quit, but he does listen to his contemporaries. As of yet, obviously, none of them have told him its time to call it a career.

Not that such a thing would be a definitive sign anyway.

It does sound like we’ll be getting at least another match or two out of Undertaker before he does decide to walk away. Listening to this interview might actually make you appreciate that a whole lot more.



from Cageside Seats - All Posts https://ift.tt/34krpTr
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments