name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Thiem: 'I'm not devastated. I beat Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic in London'

Thiem: 'I'm not devastated. I beat Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic in London'

Advertisemen

In an interview, Dominic Thiem looked back at his ATP Finals championship loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas in London. The Austrian player said: "Two or three points didn't go my way. The last three mistakes shouldn't have happened. I played very well and stil I came up short. It hurts the most, out of my three majar finals. Because, unlike the two I played I Roland Garros, is like I came very close. But on the other hand, I put myself in this situation by playing very strong matches against (Roger) Federer and Djokovic. I have no reason to be devastated. When I look back on my year I feel very, very good. Especially about the last quarter of the season. The way I came back after suffering from a virus and got the win at home, in Vienna. It was sensational."

On what he takes from this year, Thiem said: "A lot of unbelievable experience, which will teach me to overcome difficulties with physical issues and got even better. I got the confirmation that I can still get a lot out of those steps."

Thiem lost only two matches at the ATP Finals. One was to Matteo Berrettini in his last round-robin match. The other was the aforementioned final to Tsitsipas. 

Asked where he will go on holidays, Thiem replied: "Somewhere near Miami. This is also where I will prepare for 2020, from the 2nd of December. But until then, I plan on doing nothing for once."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35DMVCJ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments