name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Thiem: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic are still favorites but the younger guys...

Thiem: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic are still favorites but the younger guys...

Advertisemen

Dominic Thiem believes younger players will win Major titles next year. The 26-year-old said: "I still think so, that we see a new Grand Slam champion next year. I mean, it's not 100% sure, of course, because the Big 3 (Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic) are going to be still the favorites, but I think that in one or two events, younger players will make a breakthrough. And me, I really hope that I can continue my great level of tennis in 2020, and now I have the feeling that my game is really moving in the right direction. So after this tournament, I'm looking forward a lot -- I mean, first of all, of course, for time off, but then I'm looking forward a lot to the offseason to improve even more this level of tennis and tennis which is really moving in the right direction. So I'm very motivated for that, and I really believe that I can have an even better 2020."

On his win over Alexander Zverev in the semi-finals, Thiem said: "I just won one of the biggest matches of my life, which makes me very happy and which I didn't really expect, especially with what you said, that I didn't feel that great indoors before, that I didn't have that great success at this tournament the three previous years. And now I'm in the finals. It means so much to me, and I hope or I'm going to be fully focused for tomorrow."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Kxe2HD
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments