name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer shares why Rafael Nadal is greater than Novak Djokovic

Roger Federer shares why Rafael Nadal is greater than Novak Djokovic

Advertisemen

Roger Federer would place Rafael Nadal higher than Novak Djokovic on an eventual GOAT list but at the same time he said: "He has more Grand Slams for the time being even if I know Novak has more weeks at world No. 1 and so forth. And he has maybe more years on the tour left. Who knows. But Rafa was an incredible teenager, probably the best that we ever had probably with Bjorn Borg and that's why for me at the moment maybe it's still Rafa but there is much more to play for both guys in the next few years that many things can happen."

Federer also spoke about how he keeps himself motivated: "You absolutely need good rivals, also the next generation, Sascha Zverev... These players are all really important and they have been a kind of catalist for me to keep on improving because I know they are working hard right now somewhere on vacation, somewhere training. I know that and you have to keep reinventing yourself and I try to do that. And in a way I am thankful that our lives on tour coincided. Some people say I could have won more if Nadal and Djokovic were not around. Potentially, but I also believe that if they were not around, someone else would probably have been. I feel like they made me better players", concluded the Swiss who is on holidays with his family.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XMEimK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments