name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: If DC sees Laver Cup is competition, I take it with a smile

Roger Federer: If DC sees Laver Cup is competition, I take it with a smile

Advertisemen

FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique said that Roger Federer sees the Davis Cup as a competitor for the Laver Cup which was founded by the Swiss and his agent Tony Godsick. Federer doesn't agree and speaking with NZZ, he said: "I gave a lot to the Davis Cup, the Davis Cup gave me a lot. I will never say anything bad about (it). I hope it will be successful and will stay. It needs (to). Laver Cup is three years old, Davis Cup (is) 120. If they look at us as a competitor, I take it with a smile."

Why? "It could not have gone better over the last three years. I liked the Laver Cup a lot. I do not know how to explain it. For me, it was a dream come true to play in Geneva. But still: Davis Cup needs to keep living and the question is if the ATP Cup and Davis Cup get combined, not the Laver Cup. We only have 12 matches over three days. There are not 90 players and 18 teams. I think there is a lot of room for team events in tennis. Some players really need them. We often travel alone. Playing in a team time to time can be funnier."

Federer finally spoke about his priorities: "I want to do things that make me enjoy. It also needs to fit with my family life. I will absolutely be able to do it. Everything I do is with big joy. My family will always come first, then my tennis. All the rest, including On, needs to be included depending on it. Even all my partners understand it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XRVCGT
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments