name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'I never lost love or passion for tennis'

Roger Federer: 'I never lost love or passion for tennis'

Advertisemen

Roger Federer spoke about the keys for his longevity. The Swiss said: "There is no magical ricept. I never thought I would have such an amount of success, winning always motivated me. I never lost love or passion for tennis and it helps me a lot, also to understand my body and mind helps a lot, which is one of the reasons why I am still playing at 38 years."

On his exhibition match in Bogota getting cancelled, Federer said: "I wanted to come back and play like I did until some years ago. We were ready but I am sorry for it, this time it was not possible. Those things happen. It was a decision taken for the fans and I hope to play one day the match with Alexander."

Alexander Zverev spoke about how it felt to play in Mexico again: "I feel great, I always go to Acapulco and this is my first time in Mexico City, which is incredible. My best friends on Tour? Marcelo Melo from Brazil, I have been knowing Roger since a long time and we are very good friends. We spoke a lot these days and the days before the trip too. He is a great guy", said Zverev concluding he would like to have his best season ever in 2020.

Meanwhile Nicolas Lapentti recalled his 2010 Miami loss to Federer, 6-3 6-3: "I was at the end of my career. Facing him again after so many years was a honor for me. I enjoyed a lot that match, I played well. Physically I knew I would have had a disadvantage but it's a match I remember vividly."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35xbpO8
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments