name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Replacing Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic is not easy - Toni

Replacing Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic is not easy - Toni

Advertisemen

Rafael Nadal's uncle Toni spoke to Onda Cero about what's to come for the Spanish tennis after his nephew retires. Toni said: "It's difficult to replace someone like Rafa, Federer or Djokovic in their respective countries but there are many younger players. There was (Alejandro Davidovich) who reached the Wimbledon final and many other guys. From here to win Majors is not easy, we had great players like Sergi Bruguera, David Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano Lopez, Tommy Robredo, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Alex Corretja. It's difficult to replace this generation that won six Davis Cups. It's not easy to find them. I saw many players like Rafael, Ferrer, Roberto Bautista Agut maximizing their potential", concluded the 58-year-old.

Pablo Carreno Busta said: "I am so happy because it's my maiden Davis Cup title, it's the event I always watched on television and now lifting this trophy is something you cannot describe." On how he hurt his leg, he added: "I started the match feeling pain-free and then I think at the end of the match I felt this pain. I think it's because of the nerves I went through both during my matches and other players' matches. It's not a rupture so it will heal. On Monday I will go to Barcelona to do further medical tests in order to see what I am dealing with."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35pZ2Dg
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments