name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner: 'I like Novak Djokovic but Roger Federer is my idol'

Jannik Sinner: 'I like Novak Djokovic but Roger Federer is my idol'

Advertisemen

In an interview to Che Tempo Che Fa on Rai 2 television channel, Jannik Sinner spoke about his beginnings. The Italian player said: "In my place people ski a lot. In 2008 I was Italian ski champion. Then at 13 years and a half of age I went to Riccardo Piatti, one of the best coaches in the world. From there I started playing tennis every day."

Asked if cracking the top 50 rankings is his goal in 2020, Sinner replied: "No, that's not my goal. Now I am working hard ahead of the next season."

On how it felt like to train with Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, Sinner added: "With champions like this you learn quicker. He was the number one for a long time because he had a great mental strength." Djokovic is not his role model, though: "My idol is Roger Federer. I trained with him twice", said Sinner who revealed he is not dating any girl yet.

In an interview to Tuttosport the famous Italian actor Carlo Verdone shared what makes Roger Federer different from a human point of view compared to the other athletes. "Federer represents the game. I met him at the Olimpico Stadium. My son speaks German, he approached him and he was very nice. We once went asking Kevin Strootman (former AS Roma footballer) and he replied in a bad way, 'I am going to have a coffee!' And he went away", said Verdone. On how Francesco Totti leaving AS Roma two years ago is influencing the environment, Verdone added: "Look at the seats, it's a bit empty. I do not know if with Totti there would be more filled seats. We sold some players like Mohamed Salah. There is a picture featuring me hugging him. I was telling him, Stay here. And his face was a bad one. Then we sold Szczesny, a very strong player. Then Alisson. They won Champions League, championship titles. Rome is not as strong as Juventus economically."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QQ0xqn
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments