name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Harold Mayot Says Main Ambition is to be a Better Person e Player Every Day

Harold Mayot Says Main Ambition is to be a Better Person e Player Every Day

Advertisemen

17-year-old French junior Harold Mayot says he aims to become a better person and tennis player every day even as he hopes to compete for the bigger trophies in the sport one day. In an interview with the ITF website, Mayot says, "My ambition is to improve every day, both as a tennis player and as a person. I am not one of those players who say that I want to win a Grand Slam or will do this or that. Obviously I want to compete for the biggest trophies and be in the Top 10 players in the world, then the Top five and aim to be No. 1. But the most important thing is to improve as a person and enjoy my tennis, which is what I try to do every day.”

Mayot is working under former Top 10 player Thierry Tulasne these days and says he is playing the best tennis of his career right now. "I think I am playing the best tennis in career. In beating Jonas and Shintaro, I overcame two players who have won Junior Grand Slams this year and those were my two best performances. I work very hard with my coach and I learn a lot from him. He is like my second father and I truly believe in him. We work very hard together and it’s because of him that I play well.”

On his demeanor on and off the court, Mayot says, "The best advice I have ever received is to be yourself and not another person. I try just to be humble, respect everyone, stay calm and give the best of myself. On court, I know I am not very calm and can sometimes be disrespectful with the umpire. I realize this and I am trying to improve as I do not want people to think that I am a bad boy. Off court, I am a completely different person, a good person, or at least I certainly try to be.”  

Mayot, who is currently ranked No. 4 in the ITF World Junior rankings, says off-the-court he is a regular teenager who likes music, cinema and spending time with his brother. He has also got some tattoos on his body, including one of a lion on his back which he says reflects his on-court persona. “It (the tattoo) says: ‘Forgive but not forget’ and that is a little bit of my story from when I was young. My parents are not together now and I think I suffered a bit from that. I have more tattoos but the other main one is a lion on my back. Again, that symbolizes me as I try to be a lion on court and be like this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37Kg80N
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments