name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Dominic Thiem: 'A new Grand Slam winner can definitely come in 2020'

Dominic Thiem: 'A new Grand Slam winner can definitely come in 2020'

Advertisemen

Alexander Zverev said that there will be a new Grand Slam winner in 2020. Dominic Thiem feels happy to hear it. The Austrian said: "It always means a lot if, like a top player like him says something like that, because there is always truth in that. That's very nice to hear. I think that for sure we can do it next year. We are all playing great tennis. Sascha, Stefanos, me, some other guys. I think, or I also said before already, I'm pretty sure that we're going to see a new and young Grand Slam champion next year."

On Stefanos Tsitsipas, Thiem added: "He played great today. He played great throughout the whole tournament. I mean, he's the champion, and he deserves it 100%. I think also that he's great for tennis because he has a very attractive game style, one-handed backhand, comes in a lot. Very beautiful technique, as well. It's great that he's up on the top. It's great that he's going to fight for the big titles in the future. I'm 100% sure of that. I'm also very sure of the fact that I can challenge him in every single match we're going to play. As I said on the court, as I said in Beijing, I really hope that we're going to have a lot of big matches coming, the two of us. And of course also me and then the other young guys in the next years."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/33ZO479
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments