name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Zverev to be No. 1 after Nadal, Federer, Djokovic retirement - Fognini

Zverev to be No. 1 after Nadal, Federer, Djokovic retirement - Fognini

Advertisemen

Fabio Fognini defeated Roberto Bautista Agut in four sets to reach the fourth round and book a clash against Alexander Zverev. In a press conference, the Italian said: "I'm tired at the moment, but I think it's normal. Now, I mean, I feel some pain, of course, but I hope that it's nothing serious. I have more than one day to recover. I will try to recover as best I can."

On the success of Italian tennis, Fognini added: "We have few junior that are growing up, hopefully fast, because -- one is Musetti. The other one is Sinner. And hopefully they going to be here as soon as they can. But I think you have to do step by step, of course. And I think they have high level to play Challenger at the moment, to win a Challenger, because one of them won a Challenger. And, you know, I think in every step is important for their career. Hopefully I wish them to growing up faster, but -- and that's it. But, you know, I think also that it's really tough, the career, I mean, with a lot of up and down. So they have to be ready. That's the first thing."

On his next opponent Alexander Zverev, Fognini concluded: "He is world No. 5 and when Nadal, Djokovic and Federer will not be there anymore, he is the potential No. 1. I will have to use his weaknesses, on clay he is less tougher than he is on hard. I will try to prepare this match at my best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WiFxMT
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments