name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Serena Williams can come back to win again - Gabriela Sabatini

Serena Williams can come back to win again - Gabriela Sabatini

Advertisemen

In a press conference at the French Open the former tournament winner, Gabriela Sabatini was asked if she can equal the Serena Williams' 24 Grand Slam titles record. "It's hard to say in tennis", said Sabatini. "In general, now, because of Serena, it's hard to say, because you have to go tournament by tournament. And I think she's okay, she's doing well physically. It's just a matter of, I don't know how she is. But if she is convinced of herself, she can be winning again, yeah."

On how different tennis is than her era, Sabatini said: "It was very different those days because we didn't have the social media. Maybe it's good in a way (smiling). Because I think today there is even more attention, like, people are more connected, and then they are following even more. They have better communication, I think, with athletes. But, yeah, I don't know, the pressure and attention are always there. I think it's one of the hardest things that you have to work on because I remember that many times I was more focused on what people or the media wanted me to become than what I really wanted. So I had to work very hard to put that aside and really focus on me."

On how she keeps staying fit, Sabatini concluded: "Physically, well, I'm a lot older these days, but I still continue to exercise, to work out. Obviously, I don't work out as much as I used to, so muscles will go down. Also with age, they go down (smiling). But, no, today I work out, and I think with years you start to know what your body needs. So I'm a person who is very healthy, and I wanted to become smaller, also."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KHgNqN
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments