name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer watched points of my French Open match, says Blancaneaux

Roger Federer watched points of my French Open match, says Blancaneaux

Advertisemen

In an interview to FFT, Geoffrey Blancaneaux commented on his training session with Roger Federer in the French Open.

"He was looking for a hitting partner on Monday and his team nicely suggested to me. From my side, I wanted to hit balls with a top player, so I immediately accepted. Roger had booked a two-hour training court in order to be sure to play when he could, but we were on the court for around 40 minutes. He is my idol... The greatest player of all time, that I would like to emulate one day. He did everything, he is an example. I am a fan. Also, we share the same birth date (August 8). I was a bit tense, afraid of being overwhelmed by emotions, of not playing the way he would like me to... But everything went well. I think he appreciated my ball and that I did not miss a lot. He told me we had a very good practice and he thanked me again for coming. For me, it was just a dream to play with him before the end of his career. He played a lot of volleys and many serves... He wanted to try pretty quick rallies. I think he wanted to deliver his game for the following match. It was nice and grateful, just to warm up him. He was so nice. I was so happy to hear that Federer saw points of my second round French Open qualifying match!", concluded the 20-year-old Paris native.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2MJLMEW
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments