name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> I love watching Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka play, says Sabatini

I love watching Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka play, says Sabatini

Advertisemen

The former French Open winner Gabriela Sabatini lives in Switzerland most of the time. In a press conference, the Argentinean spoke about the beauty of the country and also mentioned Federer and Wawrinka. "I think it's a beautiful country. I like the peaceful atmosphere. It's great to do sports, also, which I like to do cycling a lot. So is a very good place. Yeah, I live very freely there. It's very easy to live there. And, well, about Roger and Stan, what can I say? I mean, two amazing players. I love to watch them play. I mean, it's beautiful to watch those backhands, that tennis", said Sabatini.

On the tough time the Argentinean tennis is going through, she added: "I think the fact that there are not as many women as men is a difficult situation. And maybe there are not enough references for female Argentinian players. And playing tennis for a woman is more difficult than for a man because a woman alone, it's always more difficult for a woman to be alone. And for a father to decide that his daughter will play tennis is a difficult decision to take, so the fathers won't necessarily choose tennis for their daughters. The fact that there is no reference or, like, the idol is also something to be taken into account, and that complicates the situation. Then, talking about the economic situation, I think that it's the same for men and women. We are living in a country which is far away from other countries. We have difficulty in travelling, owing to the difficulties in the exchange rates. That leads to a lot of complications. And also need money to be able to invest in tennis in our country in Argentina. That's a major part of the problem. We have to be able to collect funds to work on the development of tennis in Argentina."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2K4AitS
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments