name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'It was incredibly windy. That's not an excuse'

Roger Federer: 'It was incredibly windy. That's not an excuse'

Advertisemen

Roger Federer analyzed his straight-set loss to Rafael Nadal in the French Open. The Swiss shared how the wind influenced the match outcome. "I accept this because the conditions are the same for both unless he had less wind than I had. I don't know (smiling). It was difficult, but I accept that. He played in an incredible way. He has incredible abilities on clay. I knew that ahead of time. I don't look like I fight, but I do. And I tried to believe in it. I tried to turn the match around until the end. But the further along down the match, the better he seemed to feel in the wind. But I had some opportunities. It's a pity I wasn't able to maybe win the first set. With the wind, everything was possible. But once again, it was impressive to see him on clay."

"There was so much wind, it was incredible. (Laughter.) I don't know if you understand. It was just crazy. No excuses, but it was crazy. It's a bit dangerous. Obviously, if you can, you keep the roof open. It's an outdoor tournament. But it's just in case it's raining or when it becomes dangerous or to finish a match, then you close the roof. I don't know which are the rules here. I know in Wimbledon it's a problem with the neighbours. But it's very important to have this roof, as was explained, for example, when we talked about the ladies' program, which was a consequence of the lack of a roof. So we'll see what happens next year."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/31jtJcf
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments