name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer invited me to train with him, I thought I was drunk - Caruso

Roger Federer invited me to train with him, I thought I was drunk - Caruso

Advertisemen

Salvatore Caruso went through five matches in the French Open, starting from the qualies. The Italian lost to Novak Djokovic in the third round on Saturday. In a press conference, Caruso recalled when he trained with Roger Federer in 2013. "It was mid August and I was holding a vodka glass in my hand. An Italian coach called me and he told me that Roger was looking for a hitting partner in Switzerland, asking me if I was available for it. I look at the glass and I think I am drunk. Instead I was with him for three days, he even took my racket for joke after the last practice. He is just great", said Caruso.

On his second round win over Gilles Simon, Caruso added: "In the beginning I felt a bit of pressure then I got relaxed: I knew I had to stay in rallies, I became more aggressive and I definitely returned better."

On his gamestyle, Caruso added: "I like thinking about being a complete player: I was born on clay, but for my style I always fit to hard and I enjoy the grass. Many times, as a kid, when I could not get big results, I asked myself if I had to continue but now I am happy."

Caruso earned €87,000 for his result in the French Open. "Money was never an obsession, in my family we usually treat them with respect, I will use them to improve my career."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2wAqH4U
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments