name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal eclipsed everyone, says Berasategui

Rafael Nadal eclipsed everyone, says Berasategui

Advertisemen

In an interview to Punto de Break, the former top ten player and Madrid Open organizer Albert Berasategui commented on the situation of the Spanish tennis. Berasategui said: "Rafael Nadal eclipsed everyone... Even David Ferrer! Thanks to him we breathed much more tennis and people invest in this game. People forget early and you have to be prepared."

On his skills, Berasategui added: "I was clay-court player, my season was about that swing. Before Paris I remember that I had won Nice, then I played well in Monte Carlo but I lost to Sergi Bruguera. In the French Open, I remember a conversation I had with Albert Costa: "Well, we will see how the tournament will go, we do experience". I would have never thought I would get to the end. I did it match by match, I went taking confidence, some opponent withdrew along the way... The question is that I reached the final without losing a set. There I thought: 'I am in the French Open final, it's so easy!' (laughter). In the final Sergi played better than me, he was better than me, on clay he was the No. 1. My life changed during the season. I started as a No. 40 and I ended as No. 7."

Berasategui, who has won 278 matches on the tour in singles, also praised the Madrid Open where Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic all competed for the first time since 2015.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Y5NySd
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments