name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic shares private text message with Andy Murray after Australia

Novak Djokovic shares private text message with Andy Murray after Australia

Advertisemen

Novak Djokovic met Andy Murray earlier this week at Wimbledon in order to congratulate him for his great comeback in doubles at the Queen's. The Serbian player always had great words about his British rival and he hopes to soon compete with him again. “It’s so great to see him back, smiling and enjoying and playing well and being healthy. We share a special relationship since we were 11, we’ve always respected each other and had some great battles. It’s what I told him in Australia and also after, when we texted each other a couple of times: I just hope we can see you back on the court, as do all of the other players. Andy has a great reputation on the tour for sure", said Djokovic as quoted by The Telegraph.

On his own game, Djokovic added: "My defence is great, but I try, especially on grass, to be more aggressive, to take the ball early, to serve and volley, and naturally because it’s a quick surface it just requires you to be more aggressive, to mix it up, to slice a bit more, because I don’t get to use slice that much. You chip returns and stuff like this but I like it. You can always strive to get better. I don’t believe in stagnation. It’s either progression or regression. It’s a philosophy of life, so I always try to see things where I can improve. At times I am probably taking it too far and being too critical of myself. But I believe it got me to where I am.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KKirsv
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments