name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic: I do not know anybody who doesn't like Michael Jordan

Novak Djokovic: I do not know anybody who doesn't like Michael Jordan

Advertisemen

In an interview with Lacoste, Novak Djokovic commented on his childhood idols. The Serbian player said: "I was probably six, seven years old when I started to play tennis. My sports idols were Pete Sampras, Michael Jordan and Alberto Tomba. Michael Jordan for obvious reasons, one of the greatest sportsmen in history. I still do not know anybody who does not like Jordan. Sampras, I just love his champion's mentality. Watching him play, admiring him, I still love him a lot."

Djokovic has a special connection with the French Open crowd: "I grew up on clay and for sure Roland Garros was the top tournament where you could play in. I had the dream of playing there, I remember the old very well. I did not understand English or France at the time but I understood the sound."

The 32-year-old also spoke about what it means to get crowd support wherever he goes: "When you play, you are alone on the court. So it's a huge pleasure to play in front of a crowd that supports you and gives you strength. I try to be aware of that and bring that energy back as much as I can through the matches I play and through the interactions with people who I get to meet over those three or four weeks."

Meanwhile on Andy Murray's return to the competition in doubles, analyst Russel Fuller said: "I don't see this as the start of a career in doubles but as a stepping stone. He's not ready for singles at all but I think he intends to give it a go later. It is incredibly early days. He's only been back in full training for two weeks. It's an obvious way to ease yourself back in, but who knows what will happen from here."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QZ0Ih1
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments