name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Naomi Osaka reveals her similarities with Andy Murray

Naomi Osaka reveals her similarities with Andy Murray

Advertisemen

In an interview to The Telegraph, Naomi Osaka commented on the similarities between her and Andy Murray. The Japanese player said: “They always say I am Haitian when I lose and Japanese when I win. The same concept. I guess. The Andy Murray thing is a little bit more... not relatable, but I can see where you guys are coming from."

Osaka also reflected on her recent French Open run. The 21-year-old said: “When it finished, I was so tired. Since the US Open things have been going so fast that it would be weird not to feel tired at that point. I mean, I don’t really notice it [her newfound eminence] until certain things happen. And then I’m like. ‘Whoa, it wasn’t like this a couple of months ago’. So after the French Open, I felt like I wanted to relax and shut everything down. I chilled for a week, which is like the first time I ever took a complete week off. I slept a lot, of course. And then I went to Los Angeles. I went to Pacific Palisades, which is not in the city but it’s not that far out. I went hiking. I went on a bike ride. I guess I could have stayed home [in Florida] with my PlayStation, but then I would have felt like I wasted the week. And I changed my mind. When I took the week off I kind of realised that everyone’s different, and for me, it’s not that convincing [to play the ice-queen]. I don’t think I’m intimidating. Maybe on the court. But off the court, I’m trying to chill. I don’t really put out this aura of seriousness."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KyO8EQ
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments