name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Naomi Osaka: I’m not that comfortable on grass

Naomi Osaka: I’m not that comfortable on grass

Advertisemen

Now that the World No.1 tag is off her name, Naomi Osaka feels the pressure is off her shoulder. She admitted that loss to Katerina Siniakova recently was "the best thing that could have happened" for a player so uncomfortable in the spotlight.

During my entire clay season, it kind of mattered and it showed because I was kind of stressed out the entire time," she said. “Now, I'm just kind of having fun. I'm kind of chilling."

At the French Open this year, Osaka admitted that the pressures she faced were causing her to suffer constant headaches, stress and fatigue.

She reached the semi-finals in Nottingham last year but has won just a single match in the build up to Wimbledon this year. Her previous two trips to the All England Club have seen her lose in the Third Round back to back.

"You know, grass, I'm not really that comfortable with it," admitted Osaka. "It's just really different from everything I have played on. As a little kid, I never played on grass."

However, she has the backing of Roger Federer, who said, "She has a head start with her two Grand Slams. Now she's done it, she knows she can do it again. I think she's doing pretty well. You can't win every week, nobody does that."

"After that, I also didn't win everything. From having nothing to lose it suddenly changes, everyone now feels like it's an amazing win to beat you," Federer said.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Xg0jNz
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments