name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Kyle Edmund: 'Great atmosphere in 2018 Wimbledon match with Novak Djokovic'

Kyle Edmund: 'Great atmosphere in 2018 Wimbledon match with Novak Djokovic'

Advertisemen

In an interview to HypeBeast, Kyle Edmund recalled his last year's Wimbledon third round loss to Novak Djokovic. The British player said: "Centre Court was always packed, it was a great atmosphere."

Analyzing how his season was so far, Edmund added: "This year’s been up and down, it's been very stop-and-start basically, I’ve had physical problems. I’m just trying to get to a stage where I can be consistent, week after week.”

On his improvements, Edmund concluded: "In terms of my game, it wasn’t like I drastically improved a shot. I was losing quite a few close matches before. I looked at my decision-making, redirecting my thoughts in a more efficient way, not making life difficult on myself. The mental side of the game is huge, but if you work on your psychological or mental side it’s looked upon as a bit of a weakness. It’s not easy to understand or open up about it or train it. How do you practice pressure? The better you learn about yourself and understand yourself when you’re in a tight situation, you understand what you’re thinking and the reasons. That’s how I went about it. Each time there’s a disappointment, you learn until next time.”

At Queen's Edmund lost to the top-seeded player Stefanos Tsitsipas, world No. 6.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XgIduO
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments