name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Juan Ignacio Londero: 'I felt like a champion facing Rafael Nadal'

Juan Ignacio Londero: 'I felt like a champion facing Rafael Nadal'

Advertisemen

Juan Ignacio Londero lost to Rafael Nadal in a straight-set French Open fourth round. The Argentinean player takes the positives from this experience. "I feel sort of like a champion because on such a big court I played very well against Nadal. I felt that I was going to be more nervous, but in the end, it was not the case. So I'm very happy because I played very well. And I moved very well on the court", said Londero.

Asked what he learned from this experience during a Grand Slam, Londero replied: "I won three matches. It's going to be a great lesson for me, and I'm going to use this experience for the next Grand Slams. First, I have the experience of having played a final draw, and then playing three matches in a row. And physically I feel fine. After having played one in three sets and then one in four sets and then one in five sets, and 2 hours and 15 with Nadal, I gave everything. Maybe I should improve my physical shape, but I feel -- I'm really satisfied. I feel like a champion. It's strange what I'm going to say, but I had the impression or the strange feeling indeed. It was like a normal match. It's strange indeed, but today when I woke up, my heart was beating very fast, because I knew I was going to play Nadal. And then five minutes before the match, I said, Okay, listen, let's try and play a normal match. So I came on the court with all my means and with my usual tennis. And I thought I was not going to play as well as I played, so I'm very satisfied. I'm very happy because I really fought very well. I fought very well, and I had the impression that at some point I could even win the match. So I had excellent feelings. It showed that I looked somewhat to the crowd, to the top, and it's incredible to play on such a big court. Whereas in the past I was playing on very small courts. It's true that it's been an incredible week. At the same time, I knew that it was a Grand Slam, but I had also the impression that it was a normal match."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QOaKBK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments