name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Juan Carlos Ferrero reveals the most impressive thing about Rafael Nadal

Juan Carlos Ferrero reveals the most impressive thing about Rafael Nadal

Advertisemen

In an interview the former world No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero revealed what is according to him the most impressive thing about Rafael Nadal. Ferrero said: "What impresses me more is how he is able to keep that strong motivation. The hardest point is to compete at this high-level motivation. Anyway, if you compete each time for winning a grand slam, it is easier to keep it. However, it is always tough to keep that motivation the whole year. Fortunately, he is able to keep it and hopefully the injuries will not be an issue - that's something [that is] tougher every year because you are getting older."

On a column for Tennis Head, Ferrero spoke about his current role as a coach: "There is no greater feeling for me than to work with the kids and I always try to support them as much as I can. Right now my work in the academy is mainly focussed on coaching the Spanish 15 year old Carlos Alcaraz. He is one the best players in the world for his age and has a current ITF junior ranking of 46. I like his game a lot, especially his spirit & philosophy. I believe he will do really well in the future. For me it is a busy time with many new experiences whilst working with young players at the academy. It is a pleasure to see how they make progress day by day and the level of junior tennis is very high."

Meanwhile Roger Federer said: "In the beginning it was a bit frustrating and then I also got nervous. I am still a little volcano. That is still with me. But over the time I got more control and the ftowd knows it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2YjPIOf
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments