name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jo Konta: It’s definitely one of my best performances

Jo Konta: It’s definitely one of my best performances

Advertisemen

Former Top-10 Jo Konta produced a fantastic performance to stun last year’s runner up at Roland Garros – Sloane Stephens in straight sets to move into her third Grand Slam semi-finals. She became the first British woman to reach the Roland Garros semis since Jo Durie in 1983.

“It’s definitely one of my best performances. It’s hard to pinpoint what is the best performance, because you’re always dealing with different types of opponents or different types of conditions,” Konta said.

She added: “This is my third time in a Grand Slam semi-final. I’d like to go one and two steps further, though,” she said. “It’s always nice to be in great company and to be among great players. Other than that, tennis is a global sport. There is a great sense of pride to be alongside my compatriots from years before.”

Looking to learn from her mistakes in the previous Slam semis appearances, Konta said, “I had a good quarter-final against Simona [Halep] at Wimbledon. It’s difficult to compare. There are so many things I want to experience this fortnight that are individual to this tournament. I am very pleased with the level I played.”

“We have seen plenty of first-time semi-finalists go on and win Grand Slams. I will look to use the experience I have [of previous semi-finals, at Wimbledon and Melbourne] to deal with the challenges. I have never doubted myself, but I also have accepted I might never get back to the top 10.”

“I did a lot of things well. More than anything, I thought it was a consistent performance. Sloane is a great player. I am proud and happy with how I am rolling and keeping the pressure on. I don’t believe in perfect tennis or perfect matches. I made plenty of mistakes. Some of the enjoyment is to keep trying and play the game.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XwQo2k
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments