name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Gabriela Sabatini: Barty is a very smart player

Gabriela Sabatini: Barty is a very smart player

Advertisemen

One of the legends of the sport – Gabriela Sabatini is the latest one to join the Barty fan club as the Australian looks to seal a spot in the French Open Semi-finals when she takes on Madison Keys.

Rod Laver has already said Barty “can go all the way” and Sabatini also praised the young 23-year old. I like Barty, the Australian player. I like her very much,” the former US Open champion said. “I saw her (win) in Miami. I really like the way she plays – her slice, backhand slice, I like very much. She’s a very strategic player.”

A chance to become Australia’s first singles champion in Paris since Margaret Court in 1973, Barty must avenge her 6-3 6-2 first-round thrashing at the hands of Keys at Roland Garros two years ago – in a match she would love to forget.

Barty feels she is completely a different player since she last met Keys during their Fed Cup clash. “So I think it’s very much a fresh, clean slate from this match (like it was) at Fed Cup that we had as well,” she said. “Different surface. I mean, as different as you can probably get, indoor hard to an outdoor clay court.”

Further speaking about her, Barty said, “She’s obviously had really good success here in the past. It’s an amazing opportunity for me to go out there and try and play my brand of tennis again, and take it to her as much as I can.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HXMMBh
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments