name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray reveals how he wanted to celebrate winning 2017 Dubai title

Andy Murray reveals how he wanted to celebrate winning 2017 Dubai title

Advertisemen

Former world No. 1 Andy Murray wanted to skydive after winning the 2017 Dubai title but his team rejected.

Back then, the Briton beat Malek Jaziri, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Lucas Pouille and Fernando Verdasco to win the title. 

Since then Murray hasn't won a singles title as he has had lots of problems with his health. 

"When I won that tournament in Dubai, I was trying to get my team to – we said before the week, well, I said before the week, you know, If I win the tournament, I want to do a skydive," Murray revealed, per Metro UK.

"All of my team rejected it and were, like, no chance we’re doing that. Obviously, that turned out to be the last tournament that I won, and I had a lot of health problems after that because I had the issue with my elbow straight afterwards in Indian Wells and then I had the issues with, like, my hip quite soon afterwards.

"I was saying to them, like, 'You’ll need to make sure you enjoy those moments, because you don’t – you don’t know, like, what’s around the corner and what might happen.' And at the time it’s, like, you sometimes forget that winning a tournament like that is really, really special."

Meanwhile, Murray enjoyed a triumphant return from a hip resurfacing surgery as he and partner Feliciano Lopez won the Queen's doubles title last week. 

Murray is now set to play doubles in Eastbourne with 2017 Wimbledon doubles champion Marcelo Melo.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Xyxj35
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments