name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray can win Queen's doubles title, says Rusedski

Andy Murray can win Queen's doubles title, says Rusedski

Advertisemen

In an interview to Express, the former world No. 4 Greg Rusedski commented on the Andy Murray's comeback to the competition. The British player competed in Queen's doubles draw. Rusedski said: "I think Murray can win the title. I think he can go all the way. They beat the No 1 seeds. They were exceptionally impressive as a combination, righty-lefty combinations. The only thing that could stop them is his brother Jamie with his partner [Neal] Skupski. Andy never likes playing against his brother because they have the history together and it is always difficult to beat a family member as well. That is also Jamie's forte having been a No 1 [in the doubles rankings]."

Rusedski added: "He deserves that sort applause and comeback for everything he has accomplished in his career. Double Olympic gold medalist, winning in London, two-time Wimbledon champion, three-time Grand Slam champion, world No 1, Davis Cup winner. The resume goes on and on and on. I am glad he gets the love and appreciation that he deserves."

Murray said: "I have been practicing quite a lot and playing a lot of points. A lot of the doubles points, to me, they feel quite similar a lot of the time. There is not too many long rallies, but the movements you make are kind of similar. So I feel like I pushed myself well enough in practice to, you know, to know that when I went on the court I was going to be okay. But, you know, it's just at that time of night on that court it's sometimes a little bit slippy, so sometimes when I moved outside of the doubles alley, I felt a little bit uncomfortable, but not really."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/31GtVCm
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments