name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Tsitsipas: 'Beating Rafael Nadal at the French Open is a lifetime goal'

Tsitsipas: 'Beating Rafael Nadal at the French Open is a lifetime goal'

Advertisemen

In an interview, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on what his lifetime goal is. "That's something that just a few guys achieved, beating Rafael Nadal in the French Open. That would go down to history. It would something unbelievable. It is like ten wins."

On his goals for the season, Tsitsipas said: "I want to win a Masters 1000 in order to try to reach the ATP Finals and win several ATP 500s and 250s. The emotion I felt last year winning the Stockholm Open was amazing. That's why I train. Those titles, the good performances make me a more complete player and make me think I can achieve even bigger things."

Asked to pick between winning a Grand Slam or an Olympic gold medal, Tsitsipas replied: "Tough question, why should I make a choice? But I would say the gold medal. It's a childhood dream even if a Grand Slam title is an important one. Probably I switch idea now and I tell you a Major."

On how social media helps him, Tsitsipas concluded: "I feel a bit of freedom, knowing that if things do not work in my job, I have an alternative. I have something else to be busy with, something to think about. It helps me to have my mind clearer and be a bit more optimistic I would say."

In an interview, Maria Sakkari commented on how it felt like to play the Hopman Cup earlier this year in Perth with her compatriot Stefanos Tsitsipas. "It was something unprecedented and incredible. Both of them are athletes that we have been watching as kids. Playing against Serena Williams and Roger Federer with Stefanos was a dream of mine. We had it in our mind. But once we headed into the court, they were our opponents."

On how their success is boosting the Greek tennis, Sakkari added: "It's a big pleasure for us. We started playing abroad when the economics in Greece was down, so when we see tennis progressing and we see kids who admire us and want to be like us, everything is very nice. Stefanos is a magician, he was born to play tennis. There is no limit for him."

On Tsitsipas and Sakkari, David Goffin's coach concluded: "I was impressed and hit. It's so nice to see Greece having such good players, one on the men's and one on the women's sides. Both of them are young. The country just needs idols to promote the sport. Look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Sweden. Now many kids in the country play football thank to him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HMBkYN
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments