In an interview, Toni Nadal explained why according to him the tennis training can be more important than the physical training. Rafael Nadal's uncle said: "In the beginning, I did not really care about the fitness preparation. I wanted him to prepare physically hitting the ball. Also, Rafael had not too much time because he also studied and played football. If we could train for two hours, I wanted him to be on a tennis court and, since we trained at a high intensity, you could prepare physically there. If you are a professional and you have the entire day to practice, taking care of the physical part is okay. But if you are a 10, 13-year-old kid, I would be committed more to the technical part. If you are available to listen, I think you will be a good coach. That's why seeing Djokovic and Federer and Murray practice in all the tournaments I went to, made me a better coach. I was from a little island and I would have liked to have someone who would give me advice. Having basic ideas and a good training schedule makes you improve."
"As a kid, Rafael could do anything but make an effort, because I did not want him to train even for an hour without giving his best. I was a player myself too, and I was running a lot on the court, I was struggling to hit a winner, to close the point. So this was the first thing I worked on with my players."
from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IUokCw
Tennis



