name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic: 'I always try to represent my country as best as I can'

Novak Djokovic: 'I always try to represent my country as best as I can'

Advertisemen

Novak Djokovic tries to be not only a great tennis player but a great person too. In an interview to L'Equipe, he said: "Sometimes I wonder: should I get involved in politics, tennis or...? But everything I do, I try to do it conscientiously and in responsibility, spending all my time on that. I do not know how to do things halfway. I always try to help and represent my country as best I can. When l meet people in Serbia, when I talk to them, it brings me humility, which is the center of things. But I do not want to limit myself to my country, to love only them or to hate others. I love peace like to embrace the world."

Asked if his Slavic roots influenced his character, Djokovic replied: "We all have genetic memory. There are reasons to be born in a certain place at a certain time. My Slavic roots have affected my development and my tennis, for sure. I grew up during the war, under the bombs. I had to fight twice to succeed. I had to draw on myself twice as much as someone born elsewhere. I was finally lucky to live this experience, although I would not have said that at the time because it was terrible. But that drew the person I am."

The Belgrade native has been training in Marbella for a few days with his coach Marian Vajda preparing the upcoming Mutua Madrid Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PH55wP
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments