name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Naomi Osaka shares how it felt like to hit with Andy Murray, Frances Tiafoe

Naomi Osaka shares how it felt like to hit with Andy Murray, Frances Tiafoe

Advertisemen

In a press conference in Madrid, Naomi Osaka commented on how it felt to hit with male players like Andy Murray, Frances Tiafoe and Chris Eubanks this year. The Japanese player said: "For me, I think I hit at a decent speed so it is okay for them, too. So, it's not like they don't get a practice out of it. I think guys are very different from girls because when they play they don't necessarily like -- I don't know how to say -- like think about hitting hard. I feel like their point is more structured, like they know exactly what they -- I don't want to say I don't know what I'm doing (smiling). But they, like, hit it hard at the exact right moment and I feel like sometimes when I watch girls practice, they just hit every ball as hard as they can compared to guys which it seems like they are like trying to go over the ball, or they are trying to slice it and stuff like that. It is always very educational when I hit with guys."

Osaka is satisfied with her recent results: "I think I got more wins this year than I have the entire season last year (smiling) so that is definitely a good thing. For me, I just wanted to grow comfortable on clay and I think I have. So it is looking good for the French. And honestly all I want to do is have fun and I think I'm capturing that spirit again, so, yeah, it feels good to be not beaten yet (smiling)."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V6BttK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments