name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Iga Swiatek reveals why she will 'snub' Cincinnati

Iga Swiatek reveals why she will 'snub' Cincinnati

Advertisemen

Iga Swiatek presented herself in a rather particular way at the media day of the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, stating that she will treat this event as a training tournament. In practice, main and almost exclusive eyes on the US Open, the next big goal of the world number one. It was, of course, the tennis player herself who explained what she meant in more detail.

"I'm taking it step by step, I'm taking it slowly. I know it won't be perfect from the start but I've had a couple of days to adapt to the surface. I try to work every day with the intention of going on court knowing that I can do better. I'll approach this competition as a training tournament, not in the sense that I'm not interested, but because I want to put into practice everything I've tried lately in my tennis to play matches," she explained.

Iga Swiatek Iga Swiatek© Carl Recine / Staff Getty Images Sport  

Iga also talked about the change of balls chosen by the tournament organizers (they will be the Wilson Regular Duty, the ones used in the 2022 edition): "We haven't played with this ball for two years, another thing we have to pay attention to when we go on court. They are lighter. I remember that I won the US Open in 2022 with this ball, I don't know how I did it. It was crazy, could you have imagined it at the beginning of the tournament? I can't explain it."

The journalists returned to the bronze obtained at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games and that missed gold. In this regard, the WTA No.1 said:

"It was not a normal tournament. I am happy that I was able to withstand all the pressure and that I won a medal. I felt that after the games I had to reset, focus exclusively on recovering my technique and spending hours on the court. This is the perfect place to do it, I came in with a different attitude. I focus exclusively on training, on the time I spend on the court, nothing more I think can help me."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/YVNc4Jo
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments