name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jasmine Paolini classy rips those who call her 'short'

Jasmine Paolini classy rips those who call her 'short'

Advertisemen

Having partially digested the disappointment of the defeat at Wimbledon against Barbora Krejcikova, the Italian tennis player Jasmine Paolini is already looking ahead and projecting herself towards the next goals, which will see her in Paris for the Olympic Games.

In an interview with Vogue, she talked about many topics, including her next commitments but not only. The interviewer asked the Italian tennis player if she was made aware that her last opponents in the Slam final, Iga Swiatek and Krejcikova, are much taller than her, respectively 176 centimeters of the Polish and 178 centimeters of the Czech, against the 163 centimeters of the Italian tennis player.

Barbora Krejcikova and Jasmine Paolini Barbora Krejcikova and Jasmine Paolini© Julian Finney / Staff Getty Images Sport  

A difference that at these levels is felt, but that does not particularly affect the smiling Jasmine, who gave the interviewer a classy response.

"It hasn't actually happened to me many times that I was made aware of it. The people close to me have never placed this limit on me. Surely if I had been a few centimeters taller maybe it would have helped me. But who knows? Honestly at the moment I don't have that problem, right? I think about playing with the weapons I have available," she told

"Now my goal is the Olympics. I can't wait for them to start. I want to believe in myself more and not set limits for myself," she said in an interview with Vogue. The Olympic competition will be played on the prestigious clay courts of the Roland Garros Stadium and will take place from July 27 to August 4.

Jasmine Paolini Jasmine Paolini © Getty Images Sport - Julian Finney  

Jasmine is in all respects one of the strongest and most competitive tennis players around. The finals at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, the Wta 1000 title in Dubai are just some of the results achieved in her incredible 2024, which saw her reach the fifth position in the ranking. And also at the Paris Olympics and the highly anticipated North American hard-court season (which will culminate at the US Open) she will be one of the tennis players to beat.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/e4NbWuc
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments