name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner praises his parents: "They gave me a working-class mentality"

Jannik Sinner praises his parents: "They gave me a working-class mentality"

Advertisemen

"Working when things are good and when they are bad, this is the secret. My father and mother always told me this, my parents gave me a working-class mentality."

These beautiful words - shared in the press conference and reported by Sky Sport after the success at the Halle Open against Hubert Hurkacz- confirmed Jannik Sinner's great humility. The Italian talent, winner of his first title as ATP No.1 (as well as his first grass-court title), had beautiful words for his parents, who gave him the right mentality to face both the positive moments and the negative.

But now there is no longer even time to enjoy the fourth success of the season in the German ATP 500 tournament, because the young Italian will already have to think about Wimbledon. In fact, on Monday 1 July 2024 the third Slam tournament of the season will begin at the All England Club. It will certainly be the most anticipated tennis event of the year.

Jannik Sinner Jannik Sinner© Thomas F. Starke / Stringer Getty Images Sport  

"I can't wait to play at Wimbledon, I will certainly have more confidence on this surface after the success in Halle," told the Italian Sky Sport.

When asked specifically if he considers himself the favorite for the Wimbledon Championships, Sinner replied, with his usual humility, that he does not feel like the only candidate for the final victory.

"In a Slam it's different. I'm happy to be number 1, but on grass you can lose quickly. I'm one of the favourites, but not the only one because there are many others who play well. Anything can happen in two weeks, we'll see who plays better. Winning on the grass in Halle means a lot, but there is a lot of work behind it not only this year but also in other years to understand what works and what works less on this surface. I think I played very well, against a player who serves so well like Hurkacz, few points make the difference and I played them better and that's why I won," he explained.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/OqKdLoA
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments