name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Yannick Noah will replace Bjorn Borg as Laver Cup Team Europe captain

Yannick Noah will replace Bjorn Borg as Laver Cup Team Europe captain

Advertisemen

Not only Team World but also Team Europe will have a new captain, starting from the 2025 edition of the Laver Cup, and Yannick Noah will take over from Bjorn Borg. Now it's official: starting from 2025, the Laver Cup will say goodbye to its two historic captains, who were the icons of men's tennis in the 80s, protagonists of a thousand battles on the court. The two tennis legends will no longer lead Team Europe and Team World respectively. Yannick Noah will be the new captain of the Europeans, while - as we already told you a few days ago - Andre Agassi will take McEnroe's place.

Yannick Noah Yannick Noah© Julian Finney / Staff Getty Images Sport  

"I am truly honored to have been chosen to take on the role of captain of Team Europe in the Laver Cup. I've been out of the game for a while, making my own music, but I'm really excited about this new adventure. I love team competitions, the emotions they convey, getting to know the guys, how they are on and off the field as people: it will be fantastic. I also can't wait to see Andre again after a couple of decades and face him. Maybe I've become a little softer now, but my competitive spirit is still alive. I want Team Europe to win!" said Noah.

Borg talked about the change, welcoming the Frenchman positively: "I can't think of a better person than my good friend Yannick to take on this role. He's a great champion, a leader and a person who will enjoy being part of this competition so much. as much as me. I obviously wish him and Team Europe much success over the years."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/apRMyBT
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments